How do I Register for the State Exam?
- Create an account on www.psiexams.com if planning to take the exam in person or go to psionline to schedule an online exam time and follow the instructions to complete the exam registration process.
For this step, be sure to have available the exam number provided by your licensing educator as well as the course code of the course you are taking.
Make note of the confirmation number you receive from PSI.
- Go to www.NIPR.com and click on "Apply for License" and follow the step-by-step instructions. This is where you will pay the State of Michigan $10 for your license and a $5 fee to register with NIPR.
- Print your receipt at the time you submit the application.
- The following are acceptable documents to verify proof of filing the application:
- Follow-up document from NIPR
- Email confirmation that the application has been submitted
- Click to review the exam content outline.
- Suggested State of Michigan pre-licensing candidate reading.
Bring the Following to the Exam Site
- Confirmation numbers from:
- PSI exam reservation
- NIPR online application confirmation (if you have already applied)
- Government Issued Photo Identification and one other I.D. (i.e. credit card, social security card, birth certificate)