Back Licensing Page
Self Study Plus 3 Day Class Review
MAIA, utilizing Pathfinder's textbooks, now offers a mix of a classroom and self study, the Self Study Plus 3 Day Classroom Review. In this program students sign up at least five business days prior to class so you can receive and review your material. Prior to class please complete at least the midterm exam (they can be faxed into the MAIA office). This accelerated review course will reinforce the materials you have studied and focus on those difficult concepts on the exam. After you complete the final exam you will receive your certificate of completion, which allows you to schedule your exam with PSI.
This program complies with the provisions of Public Act 173 of 1986 and allows us to certify that you have completed the required hours of pre-licensing education.
The Self-Study Plus 3 Day Class Review offers:
- A user friendly textbook
- Michigan rules and regulations interpreted into everyday English
- An in class workbook featuring a series of tests that help you assess your progress on a continuing basis
- A practice final that prepares you better for the real thing
- Also available: An audio CD reviewing key concepts of the national content textbook ($20), as well as a CD on the Michigan Code ($20), cheap notes which includes exam questions and concept review information ($5).
The cost of Self Study Plus 3 Day Class Review for an MAIA Member is $325 (non-member $345) and includes shipping. This price includes the life/health or property/casualty textbook, Michigan State Law Decoder, in class workbook, packet of exams, correcting service and tuition.
Click here for the Self Study Plus Registration form.
How do I Register for the State Exam?
You will need to contact PSI directly at (800) 733-9667 to register for your exam. Or register online at http://bit.ly/psiexamregistration
When registering, you will need one of the following exam numbers and course codes
Life/Health Self Study Candidates
- Provider Code: 0007/MAIA
- Life & Health Exam Number: 16-80
- Life Exam Number: 16-65
- Health Exam Number: 16-66
- Life Course Code: 58846
- Health Course Code: 58847
Property/Casualty Self Study Candidates
- Provider Code: 0007/MAIA
- Property & Casualty Exam Number: 16-81
- Property Exam Number: 16-67
- Casualty Exam Number: 16-68
- Property Course Code: 58462
- Casualty Course Code: 58463
PSI will give you a Confirmation Number. At the exam site, you must have the following:
1. Certificates of Completion (given upon completion of midterms and final exam)
2. Confirmation numbers from:
- PSI, for the exam reservation
- NIPR, for the online application
3. Government Issued Photo Identification and one other I.D. (i.e. credit card, social security card, birth certificate)